|The major events of the conference "New Ideas in Petroleum Geology"I. Plenary sessionII. WorkshopsAt the conference there will be several workshops where the following topics will be discussed:Exploration of new oil and gas basins
Unconventional hydrocarbon resources in tight reservoirs
- Basin analysis. Distribution of hydrocarbon resources in the Russian Arctic, Far East and Eastern Siberia basins;
- Hydrocarbon source rocks and petroleum systems. Basin modeling;
- Sequence stratigraphy. Resource assessments and hydrocarbon forecast.
Coal and gases of coal fields
- New ideas in exploration of shale oil. Shale oils of Bazhenov, Maikop and Domanic formations;
- Tight reservoirs;
- Bitumen and highly-viscous oils;
- Gas hydrate.
- Oil-gas-coal fields of Russia. Geochemical studies of coals;
- Coal formations as sources of hydrocarbon;
- Coal gases;
- Coal petrography;
- Rare metals in coal fields and their resource potential.